Enjoy classes with a group of friends
Taranta offers a variety of cooking classes that meet every parties specific needs. From tours of the historic North End of Boston to scavenger hunts and beyond; each class learns the basics of Italian cooking. Whether you’re hosting a corporate team building event, holiday party, or gathering with friends, we can guarantee a one-of-a-kind experience.
Classes are based on availability and not open to the general public.
Corporate Team-building Cooking Classes
Cooking classes consist of preparing delicious food from scratch in a fun and engaging setting. Groups are divided into teams that will each prepare one course of their meal, and each team is directed by a visiting chef. These classes are an excellent team-building activity and entertainment.
3 hour duration. Must being before 7:00 PM.
Our Cooking Challenge involves a scavenger hunt through the North End markets. Participants are split into teams and given a set of clues that help them locate ingredients. They then visit traditional stores and interact with local merchants as they try to solve clues as quickly as they can. Arrangements are made with store personnel, who will be expecting the group and will help them with their needs. Once the items are collected and the group returns to Taranta, a guest chef will verify that they’ve completed the list. If the ingredients are not correct, the group must return to the markets. Once each group has returned, a hands-on class begins.
3.5 hour duration. Must begin before 4:45 PM.
Cooking Class and Tour
The Cooking Class and Tour is an immersive North End experience. While half of the group is preparing food under the direction of our guest chef(s), the other half is visiting the North End and its markets under expert guidance. Groups then switch, and the second half of the meal is prepared. Finally, entire group enjoys their culinary creations together in a private dining room.
5 hour duration. Must begin before 2:00 PM.
Cooking Class General Requirements
- Cooking classes are booked on a first come, first serve basis. They are subject to space and date availability and must be booked at least one week in advance.
- These events are only offered for groups; you may not sign up as an individual
- Groups must be a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 30 (if more than 30 please call) with a minimum guaranteed payment of 15 guests
- Prices are per person
- A contract and a deposit are required
- Classes are booked mostly Sunday through Thursday. If available, Friday and Saturday classes must begin between 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Food prep takes between 1 -1.5 hours, after which participants enjoy their meal in a private dining room
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled start time
COOKING CLASSES, COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS, CORPORATE TEAMBUILDING COOKING CLASSES, CORPORATE COOKING CHALLENGES, COOKING CLASS AND TOUR are managed and produced by IL COTECCHINO INC DBA “Learn, Cook and Taste.” For more detailed information, email us at [email protected]